written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Sunday 19 February 2012

Romance

13:43:00 Posted by Damp incendiary device , , , , 2 comments
by Martin Chapman

I started writing poetry about 2 years ago when I found out I had heart failure and had to take things easy. I have written many different poems about my life and things that have happened around me, and some completely separate.


Romance

Romance comes from the heart,
Romance is a tale of two people,
Romance is doing things for the one you love,
Romance is filled with flowers,
Romance is a joining of hands,
The bonding of two people,
Romance is sweet & kind,
Romance is a tale of many nice things to come.


2 comments:

Damp incendiary device said...

Thanks for writing this Martin. It makes a nice change to have a non-cynical post on this blog. And the sun's come out too. Great! :)

Ashley Lister said...

Martin,

I'm not sure what Vicky means about cynical posts on this blog :-)

This was lovely to read - and an apposite reminder that romance is seen as a positive.

Thanks for joining us here today.

Ash