written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Thursday 31 January 2013

eND.

08:30:00 Posted by Damp incendiary device , , 6 comments
Letters

on a page.


On a screen.

Are they more
IMPORTANT
when centred?


do 
small
words
seem
less
able?



What-
iF i
PlAy 
WiTh
My
lEtTeRs?

         curly cushion 
C close cuddle 
      cozy cup

who am i

Who am I?

WHO AM I???


(who, Ami?)


       does the
        mo          on's
        ho                op
        blo         om
         or loom?



Did you

pause

to 

consider

the 

space

between

my




thoughts?

nwod wols uoy ekam nac I



A pregnant paus(e)
                                                                      (e)
                                                                                                                   (e)


escape


engagement


eND.

6 comments:

Christo Heyworth said...

Very inventive, Ashley.

Though we had studied shaped poems from earlier times, it was not until the work of e e cummings jolted me into noticing that how the strings of letters appear on the page began to matter.

But I do blame the liking for unusual fonts, spacing and deliberate mis-spelling by advertising copywriters and designers for the generally appalling spelling among the general population, and compression for texting has made spelling much, much worse which irritates the suppressed English teacher in me.

Anonymous said...

Playing with poetic form again Ashley? Sheer genius.

Anonymous said...

Playing with poetic form is such fun. Sheer genius Ashley

Unknown said...

Vicky, as I said before, brill! Look forward to hearing what you've got for us tomorrow xx :-)

xx ...hcum yrev nwod wols eht ekil I

Damp incendiary device said...

Since Ashley and I have become interchangable, I will be pleased to accept his royalty payments and invitations to big, posh erotica events. Thank you ;-)

Ashley Lister said...

Great poetry Ashley. If you keep trying, one day You'll be as good as Vicky Ellis ;-)

Love the cummings feel to this - even though you know how I feel about cummings.

Ash