written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Thursday 16 January 2014

When Time Runs Out

08:51:00 Posted by Lara Clayton , , , , , , 3 comments

Some of you will be aware of the war diary project which brings thousands of diary entries, reports and orders to the internet. The project is also attempting to tag relevant information so the pages can be searched and cross-referenced, and this is how I ended up losing time...

After a 10 minute tutorial on 'How to Tag' you're ready to get started. I found myself tagging late into the night, fascinated and shocked by words written almost a hundred years ago.

I was meant to be researching for today's blog post, but I haven't actually written what I had originally intended to post. Thus, today's post is sparse but I hope it might encourage you to access a resource which takes you to a world we'd struggle to imagine.

 http://www.operationwardiary.org/

Thank you for reading,
Lara

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm writing a short story on WW1 at the moment for a Uni competition, this is an excellent resource and fascinating, thanks for sharing Lara. :)

Colin Daives said...

I read about this what a fantastic project.

Ashley Lister said...

Good grief. It's amazing that there's such a resource available on the net.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Ash