written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Monday 11 December 2017

Winter Ghosts

Ghosts in horror films are seen as scary, horrifying, supernatural beings… When really I think they are lost souls searching for a purpose.
 
I’m not sure if anyone else feels how I feel but during the winter months I feel haunted by my past. Not like Scrooge haunted by the three ghosts, but I think about the year that’s past… The highs and the lows. The wonderful new people I have met and those I have left behind.
 
The key thing is not to continue letting those ‘Winter Ghosts’ corrupt your thoughts. Think positively, act positively and you will be so happy and fulfilled that you won’t have time for the ghouls in your mind. At the end of the year spend time with your love ones… Don’t be a ghost....
 
 
Daylight
I spend my nights searching…
Days dreaming…
Life wishing….
Mind re-playing…
Daylight disappears…
Leaving me alone with all my fears…
Of all those wasted years…
 
Helena Ascough - Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

I enjoyed your blog. Good advice, that, Helena - be Christmas present ;-)

Adele said...

Nice way to end the year - with a review of the highs and lows. For some of the people we have lost seem closer at this time of the year because we like to remember the special times we spent with them. Thank for reminding me to be grateful Helena.