written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Sunday 17 June 2018

Bucket Lists

Bucket lists are funny ones. No one wants to die unaccomplished and bored but the problem is sometimes bucket lists are so expensive, unrealistic or bizarre that you might not ever complete them. I'm not a pessimist, I swear!

I think we should create an environment in our own lives that is so warm and full of hope that we don't need to wish our lives away. We should just live in the moment.

That might sound like a fairy-tale, living the perfect life, being perfectly happy and content. But I honestly think the best things that come to us....come as surprises!

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a bucket list - hell, I have one. I just think we shouldn't get upset if we don't tick everything off.


Vanished
Vanished
Like a puff of smoke,
He escapes back to Mars.
So far...
The depth of his brain
Swallows his dreams.
I scream,
Come back down to reality!
Come back!
Please!

Helena Ascough

1 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

Wise words, young Helena :-)