written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 21 February 2020

I Love Trees

Oh dear. I was planning to write a blog to go with my poem but the day turned out more busy than I expected at work and then my tablet died and would not charge, so I offer you just my poem about my love of trees. I hope that it's okay.


I Love Trees
I love trees.
They never preach,
They teach.
By their actions.
You can hug a tree
And it will never
Push you back.
It will give you its strength.
You can smell its blossoms,
Kiss its leaves
Or eat its fruit,
The tree will never say, no.

You can tell everything to a tree.
It will never judge you
Or gossip about you,
Or tell you off.
You can lay under a tree,
It will give you a shade
And sing you a lullaby
Of whispering leaves,
With birds who nest there
Joining in.

I want to be buried
With a seed of a tree,
To grow in a tree,
To become everything
This tree is.
And to grow
In the next seed
Of that tree,
And the next,
And the next,
And to be all
That this tree is
Forever and ever.
I love trees.

Maya.

2 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

Lovely, Maya. Thank you.

Celia M said...

Beautiful words and sentiments.