written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 12 September 2014

Beckoning new perspectives

Happy Friday readers!  You may wonder why I appear to be in such a good mood? Well, it's my Birthday today.  And really? Is it that much of a surprise? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Anyway, as another has passed and I am another year older (now 39 and not sure if I'm much wiser to be honest), I have definitely started seeing my age in a new perspective.  There are now 365 days til the big 4-0 and I am coming to appreciate why some people find that a big deal.  It doesn't seem like 2 seconds ago that I was organizing my Mum's 40th Birthday bash, that I was working in the best job I've ever had, and I still feel like I'm in my 20's.  This is where it starts to niggle. My mind is playing tricks on me by allowing me to delude myself that I am younger than my physical years.  You don't particularly think about it when you're younger, but as time moves on, you realize you perhaps haven't done a lot of the things you thought you might have, that you've wasted some of your life. And time still keeps ticking away! Now although this may be starting to sound depressing, it's not. It's a wake up call, making sure that you appreciate every given second. Life is too full of negativity. We have to make the most of our lives, otherwise we'll only have ourselves to blame in the form of "I wish I'd ................ ".  We all have responsibilities, which may feel like they're dragging us down into the humdrum, but what we do with our spare time is what is important. It's up to us to make the most of it. And if you feel that you don't have a second to yourself, then make time, be a little selfish, make time for you and have some FUN!


Philosophical Feeling

Time passes us by much too fast,
each second, minute and hour goes flying past.
We run here and there, bustling around,
chores to be done, feet barely touching the ground.
Bills to be paid, work to be done,
when was the last time you treated no.1?
So busy looking after everyone else,
or striving to accumulate fortune and wealth,
just stop for a moment, take a slow breath,
stop rushing towards the exit marked "death".
You need to relax, have a moment to chill,
experience those moments that bring such a thrill.
Life isn't easy, we all know that is true,
but it's too short to waste, leaving us feeling blue.
So now we have grown up we should appreciate it more,
Embrace our time for what our lives have in store.
With the realization that you're no longer a spring chick,
Get up, go on out there and learn some new tricks.
A sign of getting older it has to be said,
Because when we were young, we wanted to be older instead.
So, be it good or bad - come what may,


Ensure you make the most of each given day!


Thanks for reading.  ;-) x



0 comments: