written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Monday 20 May 2013

Reasons not to write


Reasons not to write...

I am dead,
Bereft of life,
Breathless,
Buried,
Checked out,
Deceased,
Defunct,
Departed,
Done for,
Expired,
Extinct,  
Gone to meet my maker,
Inanimate,
Inert,
Late,
Liquidated,
Bloodless,
Mortified,
No more,
Non existing,
Offed,
Cadaverous,
Out of my misery,
Passed away,
Perished,
Pushing up the daisies,
Reposing,
Resting in peace,
Spiritless,
Stiff,
Wasted,
I have ceased to be,
No more,
I have been push off this mortal coil,
My goose is cooked,
I dream no more,
Still hearted,
Under no illusions about my sudden return to life,
Kicked the bucket,
Snuffed it,
Gone next door,
Been taken by foxes,
Finding out the truth about God,
Bought the farm,
No more the fool,
Feeling better now,
I am an ex-parrot...

And even then I would probably be a ghost writer.

2 comments:

Ashley Lister said...

*ghost writer - killer punchline.

Ash

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the deceased Monty Python gag - in fact I feel your entire post should be narrated by John Cleese just for shits and giggles.

Thoroughly enjoyed it!! L x