written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 7 February 2014

A Basic Connection

So, connections hey? Hmmmmm. Where do you start? I don't think there can be anything that isn't connected in some way, shape or form to another thing!

*Taps finger trying to think*

Oh, ok.

So let's keep this relatively simple. Get down to the nitty gritty! Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, and all that:


A Connection

Genetic attraction multiplies
Creates something new and unique
Ever changing and developing
Growing steadily each week
Gametes become Zygotes
Then morph into Blastocysts
Embedded they are Embryos
Then come the signs that can't be missed
You may think that you're poorly
Being sick at the slightest smell
But in connection with tender breasts
Take a test, you'd be just as well
You now realise you're pregnant
In time your Embryo
Becomes a Foetus, ever changing
Growing rapidly, you know
The end result is joyous
A feeling quite divine
Forget the pain, embrace the love
Holding your child is quite sublime!


It's exercises such as this that really make me wonder about my sanity at times. The things that my brain comes out with for each weeks topic is starting to unnerve me.  When I sit down to draw up a draft for the blog, I always write the poem first then this part later.  I just find it easier that way.  But even I'm a little bemused by this one. All I can think of is that I really liked Science in High School, especially Biology by the look of it. Of course, getting pregnant is not always as easy as I appear to have made it sound, I know that first hand. Thankfully, it's not something I have to worry about these days.

Oh well. Apologies for the under par poem and blog this week.

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE LANCASHIRE DEAD GOOD POETS' FOR OUR OPEN MIC EVENING AT THE NO.5 CAFE, CEDAR SQUARE, BLACKPOOL, TONIGHT (FRIDAY 7TH FEBRUARY) FROM 6PM.  IT'S NOT TO BE MISSED!!  

Thanks for reading. x

3 comments:

Colin Daives said...

It is a lovely pievce that connevt us all. Not that we have all been pregnant, but the we have all been born.

Ashley Lister said...

Any poem that contains the phrase "tender breasts" can never be considered under par.

Good blog.

Ash

Louise Barklam said...

;-) Thanks Ash! I've already be admonished for saying that. Lol. My inner critic begs to differ though.

Thanks Col. :-)