written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Monday 21 May 2018

Books

I'm one of those people who gets trapped in their own mind, caged by obsession and daydreams. A book is a source of escape. Images flash across my mind like a vivid movie and sometimes it's as though I'm inside that movie, an extra observing the leads from a distance.

Truthfully until the last month I've been distant from my beloved books, busy with the demands of life. But since picking up a book again my soul feels soothed.

In an odd way, being lost in a book has helped me to find myself.

I don't believe that people don't like books. I just believe that they haven't found one that connects with them yet. Books are good for you. Who cares about vegetables?

A poem by me!
 
 
 
The Love Of My Life
Let's get lost together.
As I hold you in my hands
And breathe in your warm worn smell 
You cast a spell,
Over me
With your delicious words.
With you I don't feel so absurd!
You make me laugh and cry.
Don't die.
Don't lie there,
Withering away.
I didn't mean to drop you.
Please stay.
I know I only have a short loan
But don't leave me alone,
Let's have one more journey together!
Hey the library won't notice
If you stay with me forever.


Thanks for reading, Helena x

0 comments: