written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 29 June 2012

Playing favourites


What are my favourite blog moments? There have been loads. We’ve had some amazing guest bloggers who have offered us some great insights into the craft of poetry and writing. We’ve had some guest bloggers who have given us entertaining viewpoints and perspectives, and some who gave us damn good stories. I’m not going to choose a favourite because I can’t choose between them all. Here are a few from our regular bloggers that I found memorable though.

Standard gave us a great story which was gripping and darkly funny, and very entertaining;


Vicky kicked off her postings with this one which I love;


Lara envisages Gandalf of Lord of the Rings fame performing at a Dead Good Poet’s open mic;


Ashley comes up with an ingenious way to deal with Jehovas witnesses;


Shaun on the ageing process, a deeply moving piece about a customer of his named Joyce;


But my ultimate favourite was when we won the award;




I hope there will be many more great posts in the second year of the Dead Good Blog, and more awards! I’m honoured to be working amongst such great talent.

1 comments:

Ashley Lister said...

Some excellent choices there. I'd forgotten some of these. The pleasure of reading this stuff on a weekly basis is such a genuine treasure.

Ash