written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Sunday 26 August 2012

Important Lessons

08:12:00 Posted by Ashley Lister , , , , , , 1 comment

 by Adam McCance

 This is the second time I have been asked to be guest blogger for the Dead Good Poets and I’m just as underwhelmed as the first time.

I’ve been reliably informed the theme this week is ‘Important Lessons’, a rather vague term which I intend to use something of a circular belief system upon to apply to my current circumstances.

I used to teach. What did I teach, you ask? Children, I say. Those snivelling, snotty-nosed, tiny humans who need constant care and attention yet are lumped into classes of thirty others with only one adult to provide said care and attention.

I loved it.

I just didn’t like the system.

So now, I work in the Emergency Services. I get 50% off at Dominos at all times. If you cannot see the Important Lesson within this tale, you’re either stupid, not fat or both.

Note: Although I find I’m constantly apologising for my length these days, it is appropriate here. In the past seven days, I’ve moved from a city to a town, into a new house and started a new career. And I’ve measured (several times) – I’m definitely average. 

1 comments:

Ashley Lister said...

Sage words.

I think there's something we can all take from that.

Thanks for joining us here today Mr M. Your insights are appreciated.

Ash