written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 23 January 2015

"I see you shiver with antici.......................pation!"

Name that film! As cheesy as it is, it has to be one of my favourites. I go to the stage version when it comes to Blackpool and yes, I dress the part. I won't tell you which character I dress as, I'll just leave that to your imagination!

Talking of dressing up for shows ......

There is another which warrants the same behaviour of dressing up for the occasion. Namely, 'Vampires Rock'. I've seen the show 7 times now, most recently on 17th January and every single year I have eagerly awaited the date on my calendar. The anticipation of a rip roaring night at the theatre, the cast and band blast through songs from the likes of AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Meatloaf, Suzie Quattro, Rainbow, Bonnie Tyler, Alice Cooper and many more. If you like Rock music, then you'd definitely enjoy it. Again the storyline is cheesy, it's really about the music, but with some very funny moments and the interaction between cast and audience, it works and is a great night. Here's a little taster of one of my previous "costumes":


So anyway, now I'm feeling a little blue. The show has been, thoroughly enjoyed, and gone. Sadly, as this is the Final Countdown Tour, it is the last time I will see it. But .... hooray! The saga continues with the next instalment of the story in the form of a new show called "The Ghost Train". Bring it on!!


Anticipation

Impatient eyes scan
the calendar
as it mocks.
Time slows
and days become weeks
Groundhog Days
repeat in between.
The event
now feels eons away.
But as time
                       ticks
                                      on,

it builds 




anticipation.

Shredded jittery nerves
surely can take no more?

Patience is a virtue.
The prize 
well worth waiting for!


Thanks for reading. ;-) x

0 comments: