written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Sunday 4 November 2018

Life Scares Me!

I love life but sometimes it creeps me out, the unknown lurking around the corner. I'm scared of many things but not the conventional sort of scary things that go boo in the night or the little creatures that dangle from webs...

People scare me. They can do so much damage and people can vanish like a puff of smoke leaving you heartbroken.

Sometimes I scare myself, imagining awkward and dangerous scenarios I could find myself in if this or that happened. But life is about facing your fears and reaching for the stars (as cringeworthy as that may sound).

Fear is healthy if it is controlled. It reminds us that we are alive. So at this time of year when we dress as the deceased, feel alive, love and live every moment. F**k fear and do it anyway!



Two Faces

Two faces

Which one will bite?

Which one will kiss?

Which one will spit venom?

Which one will whisper words of bliss?

Which face do I love?

I don't know anymore...


Helena Ascough

3 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

Happy birthday Helena! I hope today will hold only pleasant surprises for you. x

Anonymous said...

Always look on the bright side of life :-)

The Existentialist said...

Interesting blog and a great picture.