written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Thursday 17 December 2020

Palindrome - put on your thinking cap.

10:11:00 Posted by Adele , , , 3 comments

I had decided not to write a blog this week. It would, I considered, be very difficult to write a poem that would make sense when read both forwards and backwards. As yesterday wore on, I thought long and hard about the form of poem that may easily lend itself a palindrome. Suddenly, I had a eureka moment. A haiku may be the right approach. Then the creative cells went into overdrive and as I got into bed, there was no escape. I started to write in my head. 

I got up this morning, walked my grandaughter to school, arrived home, breakfasted and put pen to paper. I hope that my efforts are equal to the challenge.

Honesty

Truth is freedom: Never lie.
One lie is lie one. 
Lie never: Freedom is truth. 


Trust

Strangers are friends in waiting.
Take care to caretake.
Waiting in friends are strangers.


Thank you for reading. Adele

3 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

You get points for even attempting this, Adele. I'm still struggling with my draft and I'm beginning to regret I ever suggested the theme! I like both your haikus and I suspect the secret lies in keeping it simple, as wisely you have done - but I've gone too far to stop now ;-)

Binty said...

Brave to invert the haiku form as well :)

Martin Brewster said...

Very interesting. I like the depth of 'Trust' in particular. 👏