written and posted by members of Lancashire Dead Good Poets' Society

Friday 22 January 2021

A Yellow Day

A Yellow Day

I followed the mountain trail waymarked in yellow
To a meadow of dandelions - so yellow and mellow.
The colour amazed me and held me entranced.
Happily I ran through them, I skipped - I danced.

At first glance I wondered at the flowers
For I'd trekked mountain tracks for many hours.
But cresting a rise I happened upon this sight-
Yellow, way into the distance - what a delight.

The path petered out in this verdant display,
So I stopped for lunch and amongst them I lay.
A footpath signpost caught my attention.
Did I tell you it was yellow? Did I mention?

I still recall that glorious day
When I wandered far and further away
Into the mountains - snow covered still,
To breathe in the air and get my fill
Of yellow - yellow flowers - yellow signs -
It was a yellow day.



4 comments:

Steve Rowland said...

I loved the poem, Kath - so 'you'; and the photograph is beautiful.

Billy Banter said...

Where's Julie Andrews?

Patrick Desani said...

Where's Bernie Sanders? :)

Kate Eggleston-Wirtz said...

Enjoyed the poem Kath. You paint a lovely picture with words.
:)